Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mini Spinach and Mushroom Quiche

Brunch heaven!

What to do with spinach? I have spinach that I need to use immediately! Then I have salami, also needs to be consumed asap. Then some mushrooms.

I had to think what food have I enjoyed that has spinach and mushrooms? Quiche of course!

Starbucks used to have spinach quiche that was just heavenly. Too bad, I think they discontinued this product. I don't see it in stores anymore :-(

Off I went to Food Network to get an easy recipe for quiche. I was imagining a dish of quiche then I saw this recipe for mini-quiches! So cute!!! Here is the link, Mini Spinach and Mushroom Quiche. Not all ingredients are readily available in our town or in Manila (Turkey Bacon? Fontina cheese?) so I had to substitute.

Here's my version:

Mini Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
Adapted from the Food Network

  • olive oil
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 1 small can of mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 cup spinach
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 6 whole eggs
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • 5 slices of salami, chopped into squares
  • cheddar cheese, grated or sliced


Heat a nonstick pan with a spray of olive oil. Add the minced shallot and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.

Turn off the heat and add the spinach. Stir just until the spinach is wilted.

In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add milk and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.

Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray or brush your muffin pan with olive oil.

Pour the egg mixture into the muffin pan, filling about halfway.

Distribute the mushroom-spinach mixture evenly.

Top with salami.

Then the cheese.

Pour the rest of the egg mixture.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the quiche has risen.

Serve hot or warm.



Pawis rating: 2 of 5 very easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment