Monday, August 22, 2011

Nigella Lawson's Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary


Powerbooks was on sale last week. I went with my daughter to buy a new book for her. She decided on a Fancy Nancy book. While I decided on two - Nigella Lawson's Nigella Fresh and Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Family Style.

The books are great! I've been enjoying them since I got them. The recipes are very simple and the ingredients are available here. I've been dying to try one of Nigella's chicken recipes because they look so easy. Here's my first try:

Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary
Recipe by Nigella Lawson from Nigella's Fresh

  • about 1 kilo of chicken
  • 2 tbsp of dried rosemary
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 red onion
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 6 tbsps of olive oil

Marinate your chicken with all of the ingredients.

Put everything inside a freezer bag. Give it a good shake. Place it in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 425F. Line your baking pan with aluminum foil. Place your chicken and all of the marinate on the baking pan, making sure you distribute them evenly. Cover with aluminum foil.

Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil cover and return to the oven. Bake for another 20 minutes.

Check for doneness and serve warm.


Pawis rating: 1 of 5 super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment