Thursday, August 4, 2011

Healthy Eating: Tuna Farfalle

I'm one of the least fashionable people I know :-) but I love looking at pictures of well-dressed people. I indulge in a long list of bookmarked fashion blogs.

One of the blogs I frequent is Jenni Epperson's. Hers is a mix of fashion, family, food and shopping. I'm amazed at how much work she does and she still manages to look well and cook well. I loved it when she started her Meatless Fridays series. Her recipes are very easy to make with ingredients that are readily available. Plus, she encourages her readers to use healthy and organic ingredients. I'm trying her recipes recently (and will try switching to organic later :-) ).

She has a new website now which has its own section for food!

Here's my version of Jenni Epperson's Century Tuna Farfalle

Tuna Farfalle

  • 1 can Century corned tuna
  • 1 cup farfalle
  • fresh basil
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Chili powder


Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.

Heat tuna. Season with chili powder.

Add pasta, fresh basil and pasta water. Cook for about 3 minutes.

Put in a plate and generously top with grated parmesan cheese.

Serve warm.

Pawis rating: 1 of 5 super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment