Sunday, March 13, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Cake

I don't think this is actually a cake. I think it's more of a muffin or a bread. I find the texture of this a little rough for a cake.

With that said, I don't bake it in cake pans. I use muffin pans or mini-loaf pans. I think mini-loaf pans are the best - you get to bake bread recipes in small sizes which are great for packed lunch or snack :-)

1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup mashed bananas
1 egg
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup chocolate chips

  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9X13 pan.
  2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine bananas, egg, melted butter and milk.
  4. Stir in banana mixture into flour mixture until blended. Be careful not to overmix.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips.
  6. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 30-35 mins or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.

I was able to make 7 mini-loaves out of this recipe.
Close up! Gooey and sticky!!!

Just before they were done, I pulled them out of the oven then placed walnuts on top.

Finished! :-)

Pawis rating: 2 of 5 = easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment