Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cheddar Cheese Muffins

They say that the secret to good muffins is in the mixing. Never, ever overmix the muffin batter or they'll turn out hard. I made this mistake so many times in the past that my muffins are very stiff outside but moist inside. What we're aiming for is the crumbly kind.

A very easy muffin recipe is in Yummy's So-Easy Sweets mini-book: Cheddar Cheese muffins. Aside from being easy, the ingredients are cheap and you could find in your pantry any day.

Cheddar Cheese Muffins by Yummy

3 tbsps melted butter
1 egg
1 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup diced Cheddar Cheese

  1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with paper cups.
  2. In a bowl, combine the melted butter, egg, and milk. Set aside.
  3. In another bowl, blend together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add cheese.
  4. Ad flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir just until blended. Do not overmix.
  5. Pour into the prepared pan and bake until done, 20 to 30 minutes.
I suggest fixing the tops to make sure they're smooth so the muffins would have a smooth dome top when done.

This is how messy it would look if you don't smooth the top before baking

Placed in cooling rack

Up close

I don't know if I made these right. The muffin picture in the book in no way resembles mine. I think I did something wrong again. I should try this one more time or try another muffin recipe.

Pawis rating: 2 of 5 - very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment