Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Best-Mom-in-the-World Banana Bread

Smells heavenly!

I made banana chocolate chip cake before and it was really easy. It was a cake recipe that I forced to become bread mini-loaves. This time, I want to make the real thing.

If you have read my Focaccia bread misadventure, you would know how much I hate using yeast. I gave yeast another try last week on a pizza recipe, and again failed. I am officially declaring that yeast will never be my friend.

I am extremely relieved that this recipe does not call for yeast! Yey!!!

This recipe is from tidymom.net and she guaranteed it will earn you Best Mom in the World award. Even if my daughter did not say it and my sons cannot say it yet, I know that I'm the best mom with this bread! Winner!
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3-4 mashed bananas
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • walnuts if desired - I used 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cream together sugar and butter, add eggs one at a time. Mix in milk, bananas and vanilla.
  3. Stir in dry ingredients. (The important thing is you do not want to over mix the batter. You don't want it smooth. Over mixing the batter will give you tough, rubbery bread.)
  4. Pour into greased loaf pan.
  5. Bake until bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60 mins for regular loaf pan, or 30 mins for mini loaves.
I used a mini-loaf pan

The result is the kind of banana bread I love - moist on the outside and yummy on the inside. I highly recommend you use walnuts because it adds that extra flavor and crunch.

Fresh from the oven


Slice if you're in a diet-dietan mode :-)

Pawis rating: 1 of 5 super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment