Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Go Local! Make Tablea Brownies

Do you get local pasalubong every time a friend or a relative comes home from vacation? I get lots! And I hate that sometimes they go to waste (how many bottles of pili nuts can you eat???). Oh, and I hate that they went on vacation and I stayed home!

I had a bag of tablea tsokolate from Laguna and didn't know what to make of them till I was browsing my old magazines and saw a recipe in Yummy magazine (Nov 2010) for tablea brownies. Problem solved!

Here is the recipe:

In a pan, melt together 1 cup butter and 1 cup chopped tablea tsokolate; cool. In a bowl, whisk together 2 cups sugar, 2 cups flour, and 1 teaspoon salt. Beat 7 large eggs in butter-tablea mixture. Fold in dry ingredients; do not overmix. Transfer to 2 prepared 8X8 inch pans (I used one 9X13 because I don't have 8X8s) and sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts) over each pan. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30-35 minutes.

The result was a simple, not-too-sweet brownie. Just right! Be warned though that this is not the fudgy, sticky type of brownie. This one is very light and a little dry.

I think I could use these tableas in some of my cake/cupcake recipes some time. They make great chocolate milkshakes too! :-)

Just out of the oven
Closer

Nice :-)
Pawis rating: 2 of 5 very easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment